They are hungry.
They are a new Mom and they need your help!
Yesterday I shared a fun idea for a gift basket filled with goodies for a new mom. Today I am sharing my go-to recipe to bring a new mom. (or really anyone who could use a meal) When we brought our babies home, it was such a blessing to have friends and family stop by with meals. Those first few weeks are such a fog and it's amazing how the day can go by and all it feels like you have done is feed your baby. Feeding yourself is not a top priority!
While I loved receiving dinners, it was also such a treat when someone would bring breakfast or lunch. Lately, instead of bringing dinners I have been preparing a yummy breakfast casserole. It's healthy, can quickly be heated up and the new Mom (and Dad!) can eat off of it for several days. It's even great for lunch or an afternoon snack.
Here is what you will need:
Roll of Breakfast Sausage (or Turkey)
Bag of Spinach
Dozen Whisked Eggs
1 Large Container of Egg Whites
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
Disposable Foil Casserole Pan
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease disposable pan.
2. Dice sweet potatoes and sprinkle with salt/garlic salt and drizzle olive oil (or coconut oil). Place in oven and cook until soft. (approx 25 minutes)
3. While potatoes are cooking, cook breakfast sausage in pan.
4. Chop spinach.
5. Mix all cooked ingredients together in casserole dish.
6. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until eggs have set. (my oven notoriously takes FOREVER to cook things, so this time will really vary)
I like to wrap mine in cute kraft paper to make it feel like a gift. Then I grab some fresh cut fruit and for good measure I sometimes add some fun bottled Starbucks Frappaccinos.
I usually go ahead and make two at a time when I am making them. More times than not, there are two people in my life that could use a meal. But if not, these come in handy when my husband travels, they are great for me to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner!
Do you have a go-to casserole to "gift" someone? I'd love to hear about it!