For the past few years, I have heard about people hosting Favorite Things parties, and always thought they sounded like lots of fun! So this year, I decided to stop thinking about it and start hosting one for myself! I could have come up with a million reasons not to host, but I just closed my eyes and hit send on the invitation and before you know it- a new tradition was born!
It was so much fun and I already can’t wait for next year!
There are multiple ways to do a Favorite Things Party and for ours we had everyone bring their favorite item for $50 or so. Then everyone draws a number and you start with number one and work your way through the party. The second person to go can either steal what the first person opened, or open any other available gift. This continues until the very last person! Then the fun twist is that the first person that went gets a final turn to steal anything!
With the craze of December, my friend that was cohosting with me and I were having a hard time coming up with an evening that would work. So instead of not doing one- we landed on having a brunch on a Tuesday instead! This was my neighborhood crew and many of us are stay at home moms. And the ones that work are either working from home or have flexible schedules so it ended up working out that most people could make it happen!
Since we had an exact headcount, I decided to go all in and set both of our dining tables extra fancy! Hey why not!? It was such a treat to have a yummy brunch with girlfriends on a Tuesday.
For the menu we kept it super simple and served:
Breakfast Brunch Casserole
Chicken Salad Croissants (purchased the chicken salad from my favorite neighborhood deli)
Yogurt Parfait Bar
Cheese & Cracker Platter
It was so nice to have everyone together in the house and we had a great time opening up everyone’s favorite things! I shared a recap on Instagram on what everyone brought- I wanted one of us. Here are a few things that people brought:
- A Wrapping Paper Nook That Packs a Big Punch
- Squad Goals || Our Nutcracker Collection
- 20 Minute Organizing || Holiday Party Outfit Ready
- Thoughtful Gifting || Keepsake Ornament Gift Tradition
- Deck the Halls ||Our 2021 Christmas Home Tour
- Deck the Halls || Our Fun and Festive Holiday Bar
- It’s A Colorful Life || SNAPSHOTS OF OUR CHRISTMAS HOME 2021
- Deck the Halls || A Simple Centerpiece Idea For Your Dining Room
- I’m Dreaming Of A White House For Christmas
- 2021 Favorite Things Party
- Yogurt Parfait Brunch Bar Your Guests Will Love