So I used to think avocado toast was only for cool millennials to eat while they brunched over Bloody Mary’s at hip restaurants. (no offense to cool millennials who brunch at hip restaurants, I’m just jealous!) But I quickly realized that I love avocado toast and that I could easily make it at home. I could seriously eat this every single morning! Admittedly, this is a simple thing to make, but today I am going to share how to make the perfect avocado toast. (or at least we think it is!) And the best part is that you can grab everything at Trader Joe’s.
The key for our perfect avocado toast is the bread. We tried lots of different bread options and we think we have landed on the best combination for the perfect avocado toast. The Gluten Free Trader Joe’s Whole Grain bread is just the perfect portion and taste!
To make our favorite avocado toast, you will need:
- a ripe avocado
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Bread (green packaging pictured below)
- some avocado oil (or just regular EVOO is fine)
- dash of salt
- Trader Joe’s chili lime seasoning (optional)
So the rest is fairly obvious, but here is the gist. To make the spread just gut your avocado, add a dash of Avocado Oil and a dash of salt and blend until it creates a smooth spread. Here are a few more tips for our perfect avocado toast:
- Make sure the bread is really toasted. It needs to be toasted enough to withhold the avocado spread and give a little crunch.
- One avocado is the perfect amount for 4 pieces of toast. (or 2 pieces if you don’t feel like sharing)
Let’s pause here and take a minute to discuss our new toaster oven. Never did I think a new toaster oven could make me so happy. But it does. It even has a “toast” button which perfectly toasts the bread!
This chili lime seasoning is great to sprinkle on top, but totally optional.
OK, and now I am hungry.