Hey friends! It’s time for another Taco Tuesday! For those of you just joining, I kicked off a series where we taco ’bout all of our favorite Mexican dishes. Turns out lots of us could live on chips and salsa! You are my people. As the weather has cooled, it was definitely time to enjoy a fall Taco Tuesday night and we enjoyed this Chicken Tortilla soup last week.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
INGREDIENTS || Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, chili powder and dried oregano
- 2 15 oz cans black beans (rinsed)
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 limes
- Large tortilla chips broken in pieces (we used Fritos)
- Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
INSTRUCTIONS || Chicken Tortilla Soup
Combine stock and spices.
Bring to a boil.
Add beans, corn, and salsa and reduce heat to simmer.
Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add chicken and lime juice from limes and simmer 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cilantro, cheese and chips.
I loved having a big jar of this in the fridge to enjoy over the weekend. I also made a few small skillets with corn bread. Perfectly fall!
Happy Taco Tuesday! To catch up on all past Taco Tuesday posts- CLICK HERE. xoxo-