Happy Taco Tuesday my amigas! It’s time for another Taco Tuesday post. If you are new around here- this is a fun series where we taco bout all things TACOS and it’s been fun to share some of my favorite go-to Mexican recipes with you. We’ve been at this for about a year and you can catch up on all Taco Tueday past posts HERE. Today I am serving up a fun and easy corn dip for all your parties.
This dip is easy to throw together and a great option for a fiesta! It makes a big batch for a big crowd and seriously who doesn’t love a corn dip?
FIESTA CORN DIP INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cans corn (2 white shoepeg & 1 golden sweet corn)
- 1/2 – 1 can diced jalapeños
- 1/2 large, red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 8 oz. bag (2 cups) shredded Colby jack cheese
- [Optional: finely chopped cilantro as garnish]
FIESTA CORN DIP DIRECTIONS:
- Open all canned goods, drain & rinse in strainer.
- Pour corn & jalapeños into large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop, 1/2 of the red onion & add to the mixture.
- Measure out mayo (can add slightly more or less to reach desired consistency) and add to the bowl.
- Add cheese and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle a handful of finely chopped cilantro as garnish on top & serve with tortilla chips.
- E N J O Y !
My blogging bestie Rachael from This is Our Bliss shared this recipe with me, and I have already shared it with lots of girlfriends who asked for the recipe after I served it. They all have tweaked this to their own liking with different variations such as more corn for a larger serving, more jalapenos for a spicier version. Another friend also replaced some mayonnaise with sour cream to make it a bit more creamy which turned out great!
And for lots of Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo inspiration- you can see all of the past TACO TUESDAY posts here.