Happy happy Friday friends! Fall finally arrived in Atlanta and I am using every opportunity to wear scarves and puffy vests this week. These perfect crisp fall days truly are the best!
Today I am shifting gears a little for the Fall Style Favorite outfit series with something a little dressier. Because on the rare occasion that this mama has a reason to get dressed up you better believe she takes it! As you know, I recently went up to spend the day with Better Homes & Gardens for their StyleMaker event in NYC… (read the trip recap here)
Yep, that definitely qualified as a reason to go all in I’d say!
When Better Homes & Gardens invited me back to their Stylemaker event up in NYC this year I knew I wanted to take the opportunity to have some fun and push my own style a little bit. I mean, I don’t exactly wear lace dresses and over the knee boots to the carpool line.
So I went on the hunt for a fun new dress. I wanted a dress I could wear boots with. I also knew I wanted it to be long sleeved. So when I stumbled upon this fun black dress online I was smitten.
I absolutely fell in love with the dress but I was having a hard time justifying the purchase because if you are like me, you have an entire section of your closet with dresses you have worn one or two times. I was coming up with every event I could think of to wear this to so that I could justify the purchase but at the end of the day it was still a stretch.
Enter Rent the Runway.
I had vaguely heard of this service but had never really looked into it. Imagine my complete giddiness when I found this exact dress I was pining over offered on their site.
Since I had never used Rent the Runway, I was a bit skeptical. What if it didn’t fit? What if it didn’t show up in time? Is it really worth renting a dress to only wear one time?
Well the answer is YES!
You can wear the dress one time and not feel guilty about it hanging in your closet forever! I was able to rent this dress for a total of $42.07 which is a fraction of the cost of the dress.
So how does it work?
- I “rented” the dress for 4 days. (there is also an 8 day rental available) So for me, it arrived on Tuesday (I left for NYC on Wednesday)- and I had to drop it with the front desk at the hotel on Friday to mail back to Rent the Runway. This was actually a win for me because it freed up space in my suitcase for the StyleMaker swag bag. #winwin
- They offer dresses, tops, pants, skirts, purses, accessories- really anything you would need for a super cute outfit!
- They send two sizes so you can be sure one will fit. (I ordered a 6 and an 8- the 6 fit but the 8 won) There are also lots of reviews from people that have previously rented on sizing which is super helpful.
- They offer a second rental at a major discount so if you wanted something for a wedding weekend this would be perfect for a rehearsal dinner on Friday and a wedding on Saturday. I could also see doing this for a big girls weekend too!
- The dresses arrived in a heavy duty garment bag and you just drop them right back in the same bag to ship back. There is a pre-printed shipping label included. Seriously- it was so incredibly painless!
This is not a sponsored post but I still wanted to share my little secret I stumbled upon. And yes, I would definitely rent again! If you want to try it out, here is a discount for $30 off your first order.
I am already scheming up a reason to rent something again. Somehow I don’t think the Fall Festival at the elementary school will work, but hopefully I’ll have a reason to get dressed up again soon! 🙂
SHOP MY OUTFIT HERE
While my favorite part of this outfit was the super fun dress- I am completely smitten with this nail polish color for fall.
* A huge thanks to my sweet friend Heather who took these pictures!
** I am excited to be a contributor atand myarticle is live about how to turn an office into a “cloffice”- be sure to swing by and check it out: http://www.apartments.com/blog/how-to-turn-closet-into-cloffice