Hi and welcome to Week 2 of the Primp & Pamper Bathroom Refresh Challenge! (And whoa how did an entire week already come and go?) If you missed the kick off of the challenge last week, I have joined a group to do a bathroom challenge where a group of bloggers are giving our bathrooms a refresh in four weeks. I decided to go with our guest bathroom for this challenge.
This was my vision for the bathroom, so let’s see how much I was able to accomplish this week:
1. The biggest update for this week is that the green walls are GONE and have been replaced with a fresh coat of white paint. And surprise- the ceiling is pale blue. YAY! I love the subtle “haint” blue on the ceiling. (and if you want to know why southerners refer to this as “haint” blue, click here)
For the walls I used Benjamin Moore White Dove. This is a really pretty white, although I will say in some lighting it is reading a little cream. The ceiling is Sherwin William’s Palladian Blue at around 75 percent strength. This is my favorite pale aqua blue- we used it in the last house in the nursery and basement playroom. Since I had some on hand, I just had my painter add some white paint (approx 75% blue/25% white ratio) to cut it down to a lighter more subtle version of the Palladian Blue.
2. The next update is that the new rug is in! A huge thanks to Rugs USA for partnering with us on the challenge. They had SO many options to choose from and I went with the Jubilee Solid Braided Rug in Salt & Pepper. This is technically an indoor/outdoor rug so I think it will work well in the bathroom. I have plans to add a few more black pieces to the space and I always think a few black touches help ground a room.
3. The next update is the hardware. I was so excited to order new hardware from our Primp & Pampper hardware partner Liberty Hardware, but sadly I didn’t realize that my hardware was a custom size. (insert alllllll of the sad faces) So I had to improvise and gave my existing hardware a coat of Gold Leaf Rub ‘n Buff. So far, it is working but I think it all needs a second coat to get a little better coverage… so more to come on this.
4. Next and final update is a fun new vanity chair. I had big plans to recover an old bench I had with some botanical fabric but when I stumbled upon this pretty little thing at Homegoods it hopped right in my cart. I did have my heart set on that floral fabric but perhaps I can incorporate it into the guest bedroom instead.
Allrighty! That does it for week 2 updates. When I started the challenge, I made my to – do list of 10 things so knocking out 4 in one week feels pretty good. But with only two weeks left until the reveal I still have a lot of items on my punch list so I better keep plugging along. Next on my list is getting the art and window treatment sorted out.
Guest Bathroom Primp & Pamper To-Do List
- Fresh Paint on Walls & Ceiling ——-> DONE
- Statement Wall (stencil)
- Rug———> DONE
- Window Treatment
- Vanity Chair——–> DONE
- Updated light fixture
- Updated cabinet hardware——-> DONE
Thanks for following along and wish me luck! Now be sure to check out what all of the other talented ladies are doing in their bathrooms below.
Jeweled Interiors Bathroom 1 // Jeweled Interiors Bathroom 2// Street Flea Style // Monica Wants It // Domicile 37 // Maggie Overby Studios // Tessie Fay // A Designer At Home // A Pinterest Addict // Mary Meyers Interiors // My Eclectic Nest // This Is Our Bliss // Southern State of Mind // PMQ for two