Hi and welcome to REVEAL WEEK of the Primp & Pamper Bathroom Refresh Challenge! If you are just checking in here, I joined a bathroom challenge where a group of bloggers are giving our bathrooms a refresh in four short weeks. I decided to go with our guest bathroom for this challenge. It’s definitely been a whirlwind couple of weeks but I am super happy to have this little corner of the house guest ready! (and I may or may not hide from kids in here when I need to escape)
My goal was to brighten up the space and make it feel as “spa like” as possible for our guests. As a reminder, this was the bathroom before:
Guest Bathroom Before
And here was my vision for the bathroom… so let’s see how much I was able to pull off over the past couple weeks.
Guest Bathroom Mood Board
Guest Bathroom After
When I started out, there were 10 “to-do” items that I hoped to achieve in this little bathroom. I just looked back through and I was able to do everything but one, so I am happy with that! Let’s go ahead and break it down:
Guest Bathroom Primp & Pamper To-Do List
- Fresh Paint on Walls & Ceiling ——-> DONE
- Statement Wall (stencil)—–> NOPE
- Art ———> DONE
- Accessories—–> DONE
- Rug———> DONE
- Towels—–> ALMOST DONE (waiting on monogram towels to arrive)
- Window Treatment—–> DONE
- Vanity Chair——–> DONE
- Updated light fixture——> DONE
- Updated cabinet hardware——-> DONE
1. Fresh paint on walls and ceiling- this was obviously the biggest game changer in making this guest bathroom feel light and bright. For the walls, I used White Dove and the ceiling is Palladian Blue at around 50%. Unfortunately, my big plans to tackle number 2 on the list- the statement wall with the Cheetah stencil just didn’t happen. Not sure if it is something I will revisit in here because I am loving it as is, but I do think there are other areas in the house that may get the treatment someday.
3. Next up, art! I had some fun with some DIY art in here. For under $20 I was able to do the pair of DIY Pink Abstracts as well as the colorful abstract painting. I was really excited to have a reason to add some pink in the house- and I can definitely get away with it in here! Updated- read here how for my tutorial on How to Make Abstract Art.
I found a pair of frames at the thrift store that were $6 and the perfect size for above the toilet. Nothing a quick coat of gold spray paint can’t fix! Then I just made some pink abstract art using some craft paint I had on hand.
Sweet P lovingly asked why I hung “scribble-scrabble” up so not sure how to take that. Although as I was adding these pictures to the post he looked at my screen and said “is that our bathroom…it looks too pretty to be our house?” Oh, kids really do tell it how it is, don’t they?
4. Accessories- When it came to accessorizing, I really channeled the spa! I loaded up a pair of apothecary jars with white soap and cotton balls. It might take the rest of my life to actually use up that soap but it sure does look pretty! The tray was already something I had on hand, and I love how it corrals all of the glass and adds a little gold.
A few more accessories over on the towel shelf, including a laundry basket and more fun soaps.
5. Rug- I found this rug from Rugs USA (a HUGE thanks to them for partnering with us on our challenge!) and thought it would really tie in the shower floor and add some black to help ground the room.
Bonus is that it is an indoor/outdoor rug so works well in a bathroom, but is still super comfy on the toes.
6. Towels- Well, after 13 years of marriage it is always good to have an excuse to buy new towels! I found this set of 4 off of Amazon and I love that while they are super soft, they aren’t massive. (This mama ain’t got time to do multiple loads of towels after guests!)
Sadly the monogrammed towels I ordered didn’t arrive yet, but I plan to lay them over the white towels on the towel rack.
7. Window Treatments- I LOVE this little gold detail on this wall. The acrylic and gold curtain rod is just perfection and I am definitely planning on using it in the guest bedroom whenever I get around to that room. (I’m actually wondering why I didn’t change the silver towel rack to this, but it really never occurred to me until I looked at these pictures! Guess I’ll be adding that to the list!) The sheers I had on hand (similar here from Pottery Barn Teen), but they are perfect for now and I love the little black dot detail.
8. Vanity Chair- Homegoods find for the win!
9. Light Fixture- A huge thanks to Lamps Plus for providing this awesome gold light fixture. Complete game changer for the room to help tie the gold together.
10. Updated Gold Hardware- I shared in week 2 that as it turns out, my existing hardware was not a standard size so not exactly easy to swap out. While I still loved the look of the existing hardware, I had my heart set on gold- so I did what every sane person does… I rub ‘n buffed it!
11. Painted Shelf- This is one of my favorite parts of the bathroom! I had this little cabinet that didn’t have a spot in the house. It now makes the perfect towel caddy for guests. I used Velvet Finishes paint in Timeless to give it a rich coat of dark gray. And I rub and buffed the knob for a little touch of gold. I love that it lives right next to the shower door so guests can easily grab towels! The mirror above it was a leftover from the old house and now has a happy home.
Overall, I am very pleased with the way this guest bathroom turned out and I can’t wait until our next weekend guests arrive. Jury is still out on whether we will update the sink and shower faucets from silver to gold. For now, I am embracing the mixed metal look and it doesn’t bother me too much. I am happy I went for it, even if it doesn’t all match because I really had my heart set on having gold in a bathroom. And this was just the perfect spot to go for it!
Walls: White Dove (Benjamin Moore)
Light Fixture: Gold Bath Light
Seagrass Laundry Basket
Ceiling: Palladian Blue (at 50%) (Sherwin Williams)
Rug: Jubilee Solid Braided Rug (Salt & Pepper) Rugs USA
Window Treatments (similar)
Curtain Rod: Acrylic & Warm Gold
Jeweled Interiors Purple Bathroom | Jeweled Interiors Pink Bathroom | This is Our Bliss | PMQ for Two | Monica Wants It | I Like it Lovely | Tessie Fay | Southern State of Mind | Maggie Overby Studios | A Designer at Home | Domicile 37 | My Eclectic Nest | Street Flee Style | A Pinterest Addict