Hello friends! It’s the final countdown until the reveal and I honestly can’t believe it! Seriously, I am not sure where the past month has gone but the final reveal is next Tuesday. I wish I could say I was ready for it, but a few of my items haven’t yet arrived. So today I figured it would be good to just share all of the odds and ends that are done and then what is left to complete. Welcome to Week 4 of the New Year, New Room Refresh Challenge!
If you are just checking in here, I joined a room challenge where a group of bloggers are giving our bathrooms a refresh in four weeks. Due to some delays on items arriving, we actually get a bonus week so the final reveal is now next Tuesday February 3rd. I decided to give the boy’s bathroom a refresh for this challenge. It’s always stressful to put a time limit on updating rooms, but sometimes it is just what I need to avoid the distractions and get ‘er done. So far for my weekly updates, I have shared the bathroom vision board, some fly fishing free printable art and an easy Peel & Stick Wallpaper Statement Wall. This week, I figured I would just share all of the little updates including the freshly painted walls, art new rugs and accessories. There is some work to left to pull this all together, but so far I am pleased with it!
KID’S BATHROOM REFRESH:
So let’s take a look at where we are today:
Kid’s Bathroom Makeover To-Do List
- Fresh Paint on Walls & Ceiling ——-> DONE The walls got a fresh coat of white to cover the old gray paint and the ceiling got a coat of light blue. You might recall I did this same look in our guest bathroom a few years ago. What can I say? I just love the combination for a bathroom. PAINT COLOR– White Walls- White Dove Ceiling- I combined several samples that I had and made this color. My very own oops paint!
- Statement Wall (painted wide planks behind vanity) ——-> DONE (read the post here) In my mood board, I knew I wanted a plank style wall and at first though I would just do a paint treatment to get the planked look. But when I found this great plank style peel and stick wallpaper- I was sold! I also shifted gears and didn’t do the vanity wall, and went with the opposite wall instead. I love this little detail in here.
- Art ——-> DONE Another biggie this week was getting the art hung. I love this reclaimed wood frame on this wall- it really is the perfect piece in here! I also needed something for the wall next to the window. I was planning to do the fly fishing art I shared… but as you know- things change as you work on a space and I just wanted to add a little more whimsy in here. It was just feeling too grown up! So I decided do a map of a lake we love along with this colorful map of the USA. The boys have been using a place mat with the states and I am loving how many conversations it has started. I figured this would be another place for them to see the states every day and dream about traveling!
- Accessories (step stools, towels) ——-> IN PROGRESS Let’s face it, when it comes to kid’s spaces, keeping accessories to a minimum is the most important factor! I am still working on what will go on the counters, but I did find a few new things.
- Rug and bathmats ——-> DONE I never knew I could love a bathmat so much! These are the softest rugs EVER and I definitely find the little guy laid out on them almost every night. With the T-shaped space, I was really struggling with what to do for a rug. Ultimately, I landed on a larger and smaller matching set of these gray cozy rugs. They are perfect in here! A huge thanks to Mohawk Rugs for providing these. I also gave our old step stool a fresh coat of paint. I was originally going to buy a pair of matching new step stools but then I (sadly) realized that the big guy doesn’t really need one anymore. So, I decided to give one of our old ones a makeover! I love this Williamsburg Blue paint color- I found it at Home Depot.
- Under the Sink Organization—> PROGRESS It felt great to completely empty out all of the cabinets and drawers in here! In just 2.5 years it had collected quite a few random things. For now, the big update is some pretty linen-looking shelf liner. I hope to do a separate post on the after once it’s all done!
- Window Treatment ——-> DONE Scrap fabric and liquid stitch FOR THE WIN! I made these cafe curtains for the window and LOVE the way they look! I ordered a simple tension rod and curtain rings from Home Depot to complete the look. So glad to have those broken and cumbersome plantation shutters gone and love this simple classic pattern to help tie the space together.
- Shower Curtain & Valance ——-> IN PROGRESS
- Updated light fixture —> WAITING ON SHIPMENT TO ARRIVE
- Updated cabinet hardware —> WAITING ON SHIPMENT TO ARRIVE
FREE, READY-TO-PRINT GALLERY WALL || FLY FISHING ART ==> CLICK HERE
HOW TO ADD AN EASY STATEMENT WALL WITH PEEL & STICK WALLPAPER ==> CLICK HERE
LET’S KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR WITH A KID’S BATHROOM MAKEOVER ==> CLICK HERE
A big thanks to the sponsors for providing product for this room:
Reclaimed Wood Frame | Wicker Baskets- Laundry and Trash Can | Oil Rubbed Bronze Vanity Lights Tension Rod & Curtain Rings | Under Cabinet Storage: Chrome Tray , Plastic Drawers, Baskets, Shelf Liner | Oil Rubbed Bronze Cabinet Pulls | Oil Rubbed Bronze Cabinet Knobs | Gray Towels | Sky Blue Towels | French Blue Paint for Step Stool | Towel Hook Bar
Peel & Stick Wallpaper
Phew! Well, now I see why this has kept me busy the past few weeks. Be sure to check out all of the other spaces that will be updated as part of the New Year, New Room challenge below.
Casa Watkins Living // The Boho Abode // Delineate Your Dwelling // Haneen’s Haven // The Happy Housie // Homemade by Carmona // House by Hoff // Jeweled Interiors // Kaleidoscope Living // Our Fifth House // PMQ for 2 // Rain on a Tin Roof // Southern State of Mind // Taryn Whiteaker // This is Our Bliss // Thou Swell // Up To Date Interiors