Hello hello friends and happy Labor Day weekend! I know my posting has been sporadic this summer, despite me trying my best to plan ahead. It has proven nearly impossible for me to balance real life and the blog when I get busy, because the blog always has takes the back burner. This summer ended up being a bit more hectic than expected due to a set back with my mother in law’s health. But now the boys are back in school and we should have my mother in law fully settled next week. I really miss chatting here with you and hope to get back on a more regular posting schedule soon!
- Any fun plans for the long weekend? Brian booked a last minute getaway for the four of us to head to Lake Toxaway in North Carolina. I am so excited! Have you ever been? I am mostly excited about high temps of only 79 and lows in the mid-50’s! For all my Florida peeps- I am so sorry Hurricane Dorian is raining on your parade and will certainly be checking closely with family all weekend to see how things are holding up.
- I was chatting with my hairdresser yesterday about the major ‘tude I got from my 8 year old about cleaning his room. NOT OK! She mentioned this book called “Cleaning House: A Mom’s Twelve Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement”. While the premise of this book sounds very intriguing- the reviews look a little mixed so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Have you read it? Do you have any recommendations on a good read for helping me reset my my mindset?
- Had a girls weekend last weekend in Roaring Gap, NC. Loved this sweet mountain getaway with sweet friends! We had a rainy Saturday which pretty much “forced” us to spend all day in pajamas binging 80’s movies- including two new ones to me Shag and Stealing Home. (have you seen them? – so random!) Oh- and of course- always the classic Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Girls weekends are good for the soul!
My friend had a new gadget and I had never seen anything like it! It is a hair dryer that takes soaking wet hair and not only dries it, but curls it all at once! We decided we all needed to see a demonstration and I was the lucky one that got the special blowout. I wouldn’t have believed it unless I saw it myself- wet hair to curls!
- While I was on my girls weekend, hubby took the boys to the golf tournament here in Atlanta. They had a great time and managed to get tons of autographs. They even got a ball from Rickie Fowler. Yay for an epic “Dadurday”.
- Sweet B started his first day of Pre-K this week. I am so excited for a sweet year and our fifth and final year at our beloved preschool. I didn’t even shed a tear on his first day. (Just don’t come find me in May when it’s time for him to graduate.)
- Snatched up this great sherpa vest for fall. I think it will be such a cute layer with jeans and corduroy skirts. I have been doing some online shopping for my upcoming trip to NYC for the Better Homes and Gardens Stylemaker event so I hope to share some of my faves with you here soon. This vest has me feeling excited for fall.
- As I mentioned, we moved my mother in law this summer… as we were cleaning out her kitchen I came across THE most amazing treasure! A recipe book from Brian’s great grandmother. Every recipe is hand written and there is a newspaper clipping from 1933 slipped between some of the pages. I could not love this family heirloom more and I can’t wait to show you what I did with it in our kitchen!
- This black top is proving to be the perfect transitional top for late summer with jeans. Wore it for parents night at the school as well as on the girls weekend.
Happy holiday weekend friends!