And just like that it’s September! Thankful for another week with the boys in school and we are slowly starting to get back into a routine around here. Any fun plans for Labor Day weekend? We are heading up to Lake Burton for a quick little getaway and I am so excited to escape the heat. I’d love to hear what is happening in your world so grab your coffee and meet me on the porch, it’s time for this week’s Front Porch Coffee Talk.
$20 TOP PERFECT FOR EARLY FALL
This cute eyelet ruffle sleeve top is a great shade of burnt orange and is a great transition piece for fall. It comes in 4 colors and is only $20! The white jeans are cute too- I am in a size 6 and the raw hem and wider leg is trendy without feeling over the top. But then again, I’ve never met a pair of white jeans I didn’t love!
So many things feel different about this school year, but it sure feels great to be back in the carpool saddle again. And I love my carpool sidekick! We have 45 minutes between kindergarten and 3rd grade pick up, so he has to find a way to entertain himself somehow…
Thanks for all the great comments on the Lego Room Nook $100 Room Challenge! I can never decide if I am brilliant or insane when I do these challenges. It’s always so nice to get a room DONE, but also crazy to try to only spend $100. But I love the challenge. And this little nook is giving me so much inspiration! I mean- what kid wouldn’t love a little space like this to let their creativity run wild?
PUMPKIN SPICE 2020
GETTING STUFF DONE- BOXWOOD TIPS
I tackled trimming our front boxwood hedges this week- it was so so satisfying to have a chance to work in the yard. I used my friend Emily’s Boxwood Trimmings tips- they are here on her Instagram saved in a Boxwood highlight.
FITNESS DIARY- WEEK TWO UPDATE
I am so thankful that I shared my fitness plans with you here last week- because it really did keep me accountable this week! If you missed it, I shared my 12 Week Fitness Goals Challenge last week and now it has been two weeks. Here you can see my Week Two tracker…
Week Two Update:
- Arm Workout 4 times = only did 3 DONE (8/48 times of my 12 week goal)
- Pilates Video 4 times = DONE (8/48 times of my 12 week goal)
- 1o Miles Walking Per Week- 15.1 miles DONE (25.1/120 miles of my 12 week goal)
- Intermittent Fasting = 4 days (weight down 3.1 pounds)
- Overall, I definitely didn’t feel as motivated this week as last week to do the Pilates videos, but I felt so great after every single workout so that helped!
- I met a friend to walk on Thursday and we ended up going 4.6 miles. We made a standing walking “date” once a week- yay for accountability!
- Still enjoying THIS PILATES VIDEO as well as THIS ONE
- Found this new arm video that I did a couple times. It made me feel mad respect for birds that have to flap their wings, ha ha.
Lots of good Labor Day sales going on including J Crew being 40% off entire purchase….
My posts contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking on these links- I will earn a small commission.
These earnings help offset the costs of maintaining the blog. The beautiful thing is that it doesn’t cost you a cent more!
Thank you for supporting my blog!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT – RECENTLY ON THE BLOG
From my porch to yours- XOXO,
click here to catch up on all of the FRONT PORCH COFFEE TALK SERIES
|| WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR FACE AROUND HERE – FOLLOW ALONG! ||
SHOP THE PORCH SOURCES: