It’s week FIVE of the One Room Challenge and this room is coming together slowly but surely! This week it was all about the sitting area and I do admit that I am just loving the way it is coming together. To truly appreciate the after- let’s take another quick look at the before…
As I mentioned- this room and sitting area is where all the leftover furniture pretty much landed when we moved in. It was “fine.” So it sat like this for about 6 years!
And it sat… and it sat… and it sat… Again- it was fine. I was fine. Everything was fine.
Until it was not fine and it was finally time to give this space some personality. So here is where we are so far.
Here is a breakout of 10 changes for the sitting area:
- I swapped out the navy couch with another couch that we already had.
- I got a pair of AMAZING swivel chairs from Wovenbyrd!
- I ordered a new antelope rug from Ballard Designs.
- I painted the existing coffee table black and gold to match the other items in the room.
- The built in bench is looking quite happy over there now. If you missed it, I shared that tutorial last week HERE.
- I cleaned out the fireplace and added some birch logs I had in storage from our old house.
- I added a faux orchid and wooden bowl from my stash.
- I made those cream pillows with the green trim with my handy DIY method. You can read about that HERE.
- I attempted to turn our TV into art.
- I found a pretty basket to hold throw blankets.
And I just love the way it is looking now! It’s so fun to see how a mix of new, DIY and repurposing what I have on hand can all come together.
Leather Swivel Chairs
Black Striped Basket
Cream Pillows || Green Trim
Alrighty! That’s it for this week! 3 weeks TO GO!
ONE ROOM CHALLENGE || PRIMARY BEDROOM MAKEOVER
Week One: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || The Before
Week Two: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || The Vision
Week Three: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || Thrift Store Statement Art
Week Four: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || DIY Custom Built-In Bench Cushion
Week Five: Primary Bedroom Makeover || The Sitting Area
Leave a Reply