Phew! Home from our family ski trip to Montana with full hearts and a heap of laundry. Last year we were fortunate to enjoy our first family ski trip to Deer Valley and we had a great time! This year we explored a new location in Whitefish, Montana. Fortunately we went with some great friends that know the area well and it was an awesome adventure. I’m planning to share a full trip recap next week.
I thought it would be fun to share my dream mood board for looks for this trip. I always try to pack with a “capsule wardrobe” in mind. So this means choosing a few colors that all work together so that everything can easily mix and match. In my Ski Trip Style Guide below I went with lots of neutrals. I always pack a few dressier sweaters and go heavy on Apres ski clothes because let’s face it- evenings are spent mostly lounging after a long day of skiing! (especially during a pandemic)
AMAZON SKI CLOTHES
One thing I wanted to also mention is that I purchased a new ski jacket this year- from AMAZON! If you were following along last year on our ski trip adventures, I shared that I somehow lost my ski pants and jacket. I think it must have gotten lost in our move three years ago, but it never did surface. So this year I decided to try out some Amazon ski clothes. If you are in the market for a new ski jacket and don’t want to spend much, I highly recommend this Amazon ski jacket. I was in Whitefish, Montana (which is practically Canada!) skiing for an entire week and I was never cold- NOT ONCE! We experienced some intense weather swings including something called rime (when super cold water droplets mix with fog and freeze onto the object they fall onto!) as well as grapple (when super cold water freezes onto falling snowflakes!) and I was NEVER COLD OR WET! For an $80 investment I was honestly blown away with this Amazon ski jacket.
Here are a few things to note about this Amazon ski jacket:
- True to size. I went with a size medium and it fit great, even with a fleece lined underneath.
- I went with navy, but there are 7 other colors to choose from.
- I do wish it was a tad more fitted around the waist and just a hair longer.
- The inside has a nice soft fleece liner, but not too bulky.
- The later part of the week it warmed up and I zipped the removable hood off.
For $80 I highly recommend this Amazon ski jacket!
I also purchased a few more AMAZON SKI CLOTHES items worth mentioning:
- These 32 Degrees Base Layers were perfect for the boys. True to size and the boys loved how comfy and lightweight they were.
- I purchased these Obermeyer Ski pants in white. Sized up to a 10.
- We got the boys each a pair of Bog boots. They were perfect for keeping their feet dry and warm in the snow and I think they can muck around in them back home too!
What to Wear on Ski Trip || Whitefish Montana Style Guide
OK, and with that, here is my dream ski trip wardrobe! To shop these items, you can click on the thumbnails to go directly to the source below.
Hope you enjoyed this Destination Style Guide. I really enjoy putting these together and I hope they become a fun resource for you when traveling.