The endless summer that started in March is finally coming to an end as the boys are heading off to school tomorrow. Before we have to get back to schedules, we were thrilled to have one last getaway last week! For our last “hoorah” we went to the Greystone Inn at Lake Toxaway and it was the perfect place to have some fun while still feeling safe. We were looking for a destination that would feel somewhat remote and give us a break from the summer Atlanta heat. This destination allowed us to stay fairly tucked away and it was between 15-20 degrees cooler than back home. To see last’s years Lake Toxaway trip recap- you can click here.
It was hard to narrow them down, but here are some of my favorite photos from our week at the Greystone Inn on Lake Toxaway. I also recapped some highlights at the bottom of the post with more travel details.
View from the Greystone Inn
SNAPSHOTS OF OUR ROOM IN THE LAKESIDE COTTAGE
HIKING AT GORGES STATE PARK- RAINBOW FALLS
LAKE TOXAWAY COUNTRY CLUB- ATTACHED TO THE GREYSTONE INN
BOATING AT THE LAKE TOXAWAY MARINA
As I mentioned, we stayed at the Greystone Inn on Lake Toxaway. This is charming historic small Inn directly on a hill over viewing the lake. Lake Toxaway is a small private lake of only 640 acres so the water is never crowded with too many boats. We stayed in one of the two Lakeside Cottage rooms which had a living room and a separate room with a King. We brought air mattresses for the boys and the Inn provided some amazing bedding for them in the living room side.
- The beauty of this place is that you can park your car upon arrival and never have to move it! The Inn offers several dining options, and although they are limited- it’s all you need.
- Breakfast- We ate at Lakeside Dining Room at the Greystone Inn
- Lunch- The Inn offers great picnic lunches, you just have to order at least two hours ahead. We ordered picnics for our boat days and ate at Lake Toxaway Country Club when not on the boat.
- Dinner- Lakeside Dining Room, The Mansion Bar (light apps and tapas) or Lake Toxaway Country Club. We also went off resort one night and got delicious pizza at Villa Amato right down the road.
MUST DO’S ||
- BOAT: Lake Toxaway is private so there is only one way to rent a boat- through the Lake Toxaway Marina.
- GOLF: Golf at the Lake Toxaway Country Club- access to this club with a room rental at the Greystone.
- HIKE: We went for two hikes while we were there and I would definitely recommend visiting Gorges State Park for the Rainbow Falls Hike.
- SWIM: Greystone Inn has a pool onsite (was undergoing a renovation during our visit)
- FIRE PIT: Greystone will provide a smore’s kit and fire to enjoy lakeside.
- FISH: We brought our fishing poles and bought some nightcrawlers at the nearby Ace Hardware. The boys both caught several fish!