I know I just shared this wrapping paper closet before Christmas but I couldn’t resist sharing it again now that things have settled down after the holidays. After all, this “22 Ways To Inspire Your 2022” series is all about inspiring us in the new year- and putting this space together has provided SO MUCH INSPIRATION to me over the past few months! When I shared this space back before Christmas, I received SO many comments on Instagram about how you were inspired to find your own little nook where you can carve out a little creativity corner for yourself after seeing this.
(You can see the reveal where I share how and why I built this closet HERE: Christmas Wrapping Paper Station )
Just another nugget of inspiration for you as we work through our “22 Ways to Inspire Your 2022”!
To catch up on the 22 Ways to Inspire Your 2022- CLICK HERE
This space is definitely for gift wrapping, but honestly it has become a bit of a creative corner that I carved out for myself from a completely unused closet. It’s got some craft supplies so when it comes time to do a project- it’s nice to have this little space. Plus I know exactly where my things are now instead of here, there and everywhere.
So let’s take a look at how I updated this space in just 20 minutes to get cleaned up after being Santa’s Workshop and prepped and refreshed for the new year!
20 Minute Organizing || Wrapping Paper Closet
- DECLUTTER: The main update I did was to remove all of the Christmas wrapping paper and ribbon. It’s true that the minute the holidays are over I’m ready to put it all away and I certainly didn’t want to see Santa and snowmen in here all year! The wrapping paper went into storage with my Christmas decorations and the Christmas ribbon went into a bin on the shelf to store until next year.
- ORGANIZE: I did a quick inventory of what I had and will certainly not be buying anything new for awhile! But if you are building your own wrapping paper space here are some supplies to have on hand:
- Wrapping Paper- I keep it down in a basket on the ground
- Gift Boxes – I don’t keep too many of these on hand
- Sharpies & Pens
- Tape- I spray painted my old ugly black desk on a pretty gold years ago!
- Scissors- I love my fancy gold ones
- Gift Bags
- White Tissue Paper
- Colored Tissue Paper
- Gift Tags
- COLOR COORDINATE: I am trying to narrow down to a group of coordinating colors when it comes to ribbons, papers and gift bags so that everything will coordinate together moving forward. And I have to remind myself that this is a process and won’t happen overnight. So I am using up what I have and sticking with blues, greens white and blacks and neutral gift bags and ribbons moving forward. Is anyone surprised by my color scheme? Now that I can visually see everything it really will keep my focused on this and I won’t be tempted to buy random things. Of course I still have lots of other color ribbons but those are stored away in a basket.
Alright! So now I have no excuse not to have a cute hostess gift ready at the drop of a hat.
22 WAYS TO INSPIRE YOUR 2022 || TO SEE THE WHOLE SERIES CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE TO CATCH UP ON ALL 20 MINUTE ORGANIZING IDEAS