It’s week SIX of the One Room Challenge – which means there is only two weeks left to pull this space together! I am still ticking away on the room here and there in between “Maycember” and it’s always so rewarding when I can check something off the list. Today I am sharing a quick idea and little detail to help any room with a big black box. Otherwise known as a TV.
Primary Bedroom Makeover || How to Turn Any Smart TV Into Art in Two Easy Steps
As a family, we generally end up congregating in here at bedtime to watch the Braves and wind down. So we use our TV and sitting area in here ALOT. I am so thankful for this spot! So when it came time to zhush up the sitting area- I knew I wanted to turn our smart TV into a piece of art. While it doesn’t quite look as good as an actual frameless TV- I do think that for a couple bucks it turned out pretty good!
So here is our big black box before…
STEP ONE: Find some gold washi tape. I found mine at Hobby Lobby- but this from Amazon looks like it would work.
Just add the tape around the entire black frame of the TV. Now you have a frame!
STEP TWO: OK, this one might take a bit longer and require some time to figure things out. But if you are like me, you love a good challenge and to figure things out. So let’s do this!
- To add my art, I went into my “AMBIENT SETTINGS” – which is one of the menu items along with the channel icons.
- From there I could have selected several options that were already available.
- But I wanted to add my own! So I downloaded the Samsung app.
- Then I went online and found this art.
- I had to tweak the size of it a bit to get it the right dimensions for the TV.
- Turns out, there are tons of options online if you dig around that are already the right dimensions!
- Once you have the photos you want for your TV art- you upload those into the Samsung App.
- Go back to the “AMBIENT SETTING” on your TV and they will be there!
- You can mess with the brightness settings to try and get it to look as realistic as possible.
I know this sounds hard- but it really just took some trial and error. Plus there are tons of tutorials online for various ways to pull this off- even using the Roku or Firestick. And last but not least- YouTube has some videos that are hours long of various TV art that you can just play and it will display like art! Couldn’t be any easier than that!
Hope this inspired you to try and pull off some tv “ART” of your own!
Leather Swivel Chairs
Black Striped Basket
Cream Pillows || Green Trim
Alrighty! That’s it for this week! 2 weeks TO GO!
ONE ROOM CHALLENGE || PRIMARY BEDROOM MAKEOVER
Week One: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || The Before
Week Two: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || The Vision
Week Three: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || Thrift Store Statement Art
Week Four: Primary Bedroom Glow Up || DIY Custom Built-In Bench Cushion
Week Five: Primary Bedroom Makeover || The Sitting Area
Week Six: Primary Bedroom Makeover || How to Turn Any Smart TV Into Art in Two Easy Steps
Leave a Reply