When I had the chance to run into Trader Joe’s over Thanksgiving week, I decided to snag allllll of the holiday treats I could find! I know they are only in for a limited time and when they are gone, they are gone. And my boys were already asking when the candy cane Oreo’s would be appearing! I knew they would come in handy this December to make a Christmas themed cookie board. Similar to the board I shared last November for Halloween, this one is piled high with sweet treats!
In addition to the Trader Joe’s treats, it seems that sweets just end up multiplying during December around here. So I just grabbed all of the goodies I could find from the pantry and went to town! After a quick evaluation it looked like everything was pretty much chocolate brown and vanilla white with a few pink and red accents.
I knew the board needed a little “something” to make it festive and I knew just the thing!
Some pink and red nutcrackers! I found these little fellas at the Target Dollar Spot and am planning to turn them into fun ornaments for my Nutcracker tree. But they were just too perfect not to use on this fun treat board!
HOW TO MAKE: CHRISTMAS COOKIE DESSERT BOARD
I like to vary the dark items with the white so you can visually see all of the different cookie options. So I just started with rows of those colors and added in with smaller items wherever there was a gap.
THE DETAILS: HOW TO MAKE: CHRISTMAS COOKIE DESSERT BOARD
I also grabbed a silver dish to hold three items that I didn’t have much left of to help keep them a bit organized. Other than that, it was just about arranging the goodies on the platter. I don’t think you can go wrong here. I also added a fun mercury glass tree and strung some festive lights on it. This is a sweet dessert board- might as well have a little fun with it!
I hope you are inspired to take that big pile of sweet treats from your pantry and arrange them in a fun and festive way this year! What it is about boards that are hard to resist?
- A Wrapping Paper Nook That Packs a Big Punch
- Squad Goals || Our Nutcracker Collection
- 20 Minute Organizing || Holiday Party Outfit Ready
- Thoughtful Gifting || Keepsake Ornament Gift Tradition
- Deck the Halls ||Our 2021 Christmas Home Tour
- Deck the Halls || Our Fun and Festive Holiday Bar
- It’s A Colorful Life || SNAPSHOTS OF OUR CHRISTMAS HOME 2021
- Deck the Halls || A Simple Centerpiece Idea For Your Dining Room
- I’m Dreaming Of A White House For Christmas
- 2021 Favorite Things Party
- Yogurt Parfait Brunch Bar Your Guests Will Love
- Christmas Cookie Dessert Board
Want more board inspiration?
Halloween Treat Board: